Of Junagadh Ambitious rope-way Of the project Dedication will be held today on 9th. After the inauguration of Asia’s largest ropeway project in the land of Dutt and Datar, it will be easier to see Amba sitting on the five and a half thousand steps of Girnar. After inaugurating the project from Delhi, the Chief Minister will visit the ropeway to pay homage to Ambaji Mataji.
Amidst many obstacles, the ropeway project finally came true
The Girnar ropeway has been embroiled in many legal battles since the age of 19, but after 2014, all obstacles along the Girnar ropeway were removed and the ropeway project has finally come true. The work started from 2012 has been completed. In four years, Asia’s tallest ropeway has been completed.
Prime Minister Narendra Bhai Modi will inaugurate the Kisan Suryodaya Yojana and the Girnar ropeway project at a cost of Rs 150 crore from Delhi at 9.30 am on October 8 at Bilkha Road, Police Training College, Patangan. The event will be attended by dignitaries including Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani, Tourism Minister. After the e-launch, Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani will arrive at the ropeway lower station at 11.30 am. Where they will sit in the rope-way and pay obeisance to Ambaji Mataji sitting on Girnar. After returning from there, he will inaugurate the Leo Resort on Girnar Road. There they will be welcomed and honored. Then their journey to Junagadh will be completed.
The Kisan Suryodaya Yojana will provide electricity to the farmers of Junagadh, Rajkot and Gir Somnath districts with 21 agricultural connections during the day and will relieve them from the harassment of queen cattle.
While the 150 crore Girnar ropeway project will make it easier to see Ambaji Mataji sitting on the five and a half thousand steps of Girnar and tourism in the whole of Sorath and Saurashtra including Junagadh will get a boost and small and big businessmen of Junagadh will benefit from it.
Inaugurated as Chief Minister and inaugurated as Prime Minister
The Girnar ropeway in Junagadh was inaugurated on May 1, 2007 by the then Chief Minister Narendra Bhai Modi. The Girnar ropeway will be e-launched by Vida Prime Minister Narendra Modi more than 15 years after the Khat Muhurat.
Journey up to 3 years after the idea of Girnar rope-way
- In 19, Rajaratna Seth Nanji Kalidas came up with the idea of building a ropeway.
- The government proposed to build a ropeway but no attention was paid.
- A preliminary survey was conducted in 19.
- 14th proposal made by the Collector to the State Administration Corporation.
- In 190, MLA Mahendra Mashroo presented a question in the assembly.
- Forest land handed over to tourism department in 17-18.
- Agreement was reached with the company for the ropeway on 18-9-18.
- The 13th Parliamentary Committee visited
- Operations stopped due to objections in 19
- The state government approved the ropeway on 7/8/2009.
- Land acquisition work completed on 15/4/2009
- The ropeway was inaugurated on 1/4/2009 by the then Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
- Hearing for ropeway by GPCB dated 7/8/2009
- Sent to the Standing Committee of the National Board of Life by the State Forest Department on 7/8/2009 for recommendation.
- All-party movement for ropeway on 7/8/2009
- Interview with Central Wildlife Board members in 2010
- Visit of the then Forest and Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh in 2011.
- In-principle approval of Central Wild Lide dated 6/7/2011
- Interviewed by Central Empowered Committee on 12/11/2011.
- MP made a presentation to Narendra Bhai Modi who became the Prime Minister in 2014
- Demand for clearance for ropeway met the Union Forest Minister in person.
- Work started in 2012 after getting rope-way clearance.
- Dedication of rope-way project on 4th October, 2020