Last Updated on June 18, 2021 by Bansari
Free LPG Connection: The Modi government at the Center is working to provide free LPG connection under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana. According to media reports, the next phase of the scheme could start in June. It is being said that the current planning phase will be the same as before.
No changes will be made to the rules. It may be recalled that during the budget presentation on February 1, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the extension of the free LPG scheme (Ujjawala).
Let us tell you how you can apply for this scheme and what benefits will be given to you by the government. In fact, under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana, the government is working to provide domestic gas i.e. LPG connection to the families living below the poverty line. The scheme has been implemented at the ground level in collaboration with the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
The special thing here is that the connection is issued in the name of the women of the family. This helps in women empowerment especially in rural India.
How to apply online
- If you want to apply, first open the official website of Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana pmujjwalayojana.com on your computer.
- The home page will appear as soon as you open the website. You go to the download form and click on it.
- When you click on the download form, you will see the Prime Minister’s Celebration Plan form in front of you.
- You have to fill it. In this you have to fill in your name, e-mail id, phone number, captcha. After this you have to click on the button created to generate OTP.
- Then you download this form.
- Submit this form to your nearest LPG agency.
- In addition, you will need to provide some documents. For example, Aadhaar card, proof of local address, your photograph etc.
- After verifying the documents, you will be given LPG gas connection.
- It may be noted that the Prime Minister’s Ujjawala Yojana was launched on May 1, 2016 by PM Narendra Modi in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh.