Steel Authority Of India Limited (SAIL) may close its Raw Materials Headquarters at Kolkata at any time. This information was given by sources on Saturday. This decision will be a big shock for non-contract workers attached to the unit. However, the matter has not yet been officially announced.
The company’s board has decided to close the division’s headquarters in Kolkata and transfer control of its mines to Rourkela Steel Plant (Odisha) and Bokaro Steel Plant (Jharkhand) based on their location, sources said. “
According to sources, the SAIL mines in Odisha will come under the administrative control of the Rourkela steel plant while the mines in Jharkhand will come under the jurisdiction of the Bokaro steel plant. The move is expected to save the big steel company about Rs 40 crore annually.
Sources said the non-contract staff at the divisional headquarters in Kolkata would be shifted to Rourkela and Bokaro. However, the employment of contract employees can be a shock. According to sources, a section of contract employees had approached SAIL chairman Soma Mandal to reconsider the decision. At the same time, he also sought the intervention of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
- Job Loss / Jobs of many employees of this big government company are in danger, ‘Head Office’ may be closed!
- BJP’s Leela: Opposing Thackeray’s name, the game was forced to honor his staunch opponent
- Mizoram / The head of the world’s largest family, Xiao Chana, died with 38 wives and 89 children
- Modi spoiled / ministers have to submit report card, this trio will give rank, 5 cabinet ministers pass in advance
- Modi will go to UP to accept defeat / to prove good relations with yogis, fear of losing state
The post Job Loss / Jobs of many employees of this big government company are in danger, ‘Head Office’ may be closed! appeared first on GSTV.