Citizens of India will now be able to get a bus ticket from the IRCTC website. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has launched an online bus booking service for passengers. Until now, passengers have been able to book flight tickets in addition to train tickets online from the IRCTC website. Railway, flight and bus tickets can now be booked online on the basis of IRCTC.
According to a statement issued by IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation), the integration of the online bus booking service on the IRCTC mobile app is expected to take place in the week before March. This will enable the passenger to book bus tickets through IRCTC even on the basis of mobile. The IRCTC says, “This new facility will provide better last mile connectivity for passengers who have already booked train and flight tickets on an IRCTC basis.”
Bookings will be made from the new Microsoft website
“A new microsite www.bus.irctc.co.in has been launched for bus ticket booking,” the statement said. Passengers will be able to book a seat in their favorite bus from here by selecting a seat at their convenience. IRCTC has partnered with more than 50,000 state road transport and private bus operators covering 22 states and 3 union territories to provide online bus ticket booking service.
You will be able to select pick up and drop points
Bus route, facilities, reviews, ratings and photos will be available for passengers. Based on this, the passenger will be able to select the bus of his choice. Passengers will also be able to choose pick-up and drop points and timings for bus travel and book bus tickets at reasonable rates. Discounts will also be available on IRCTC online bus ticket bookings based on banks and e-wallets.
Bus ticket booking process
- Go to www.bus.irctc.co.in.
- Fill in the blanks in both spaces, from where to where to travel.
- Select a travel date and click Search.
- You will then be presented with the option of buses available on that route, travel time, bus walk and arrival time at the destination.
- Apart from this the ticket price and how many seats are left to be booked, this information will also appear.
- Passengers can choose between seater, sleeper, AC and non-AC buses. Seat selection and boarding / dropping points can also be selected.
- After selecting the seat, click on Proceed to Book. Here you have to log in to IRCTC or log in as a guest user.
- After completing the ticket price and some other procedures, the bus ticket will be booked online.